Happy 2015. Hope you’re ready to get started again, because I sure am. Sorting through files during my Christmas break I found one with notes about products that start out with one use, then end up with many more. I thought it would be fun to share some of these and decided to start of with Avon Bubble Bath.
Naturally the original use for Avon Bubble Bath was as a bubble bath. It provided lots of bubbles and left no bathtub ring behind. But then people’s creativity kicked in, resulting in many more uses for this simple product. So here we go:
40 Ways to Use Avon Bubble Bath:
NOTE: Compared to many other cleaners or detergents, Avon Bubble Bath not only costs less, you also use less. For instance, one capful to half a pail of water does a great job cleaning the car or camper.
Avon Bubble Bath In the Bathroom:
- Use to wash down the tub surround, shower walls and doors;
- Leaves bathroom fixtures and mirrors shining;
- Cleans the vanity top, cabinets, and ceramic tiles;
- Can replace your body wash;
- Works as a shampoo;
- Good refill for liquid soap, it’s mild on hands (even nicer after adding a few drops of Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil);
- Cleans combs and brushes – leaves no residue.
Avon Bubble Bath in the Kitchen:
- Wash your appliances with it and leave them sparkling;
- Can be used to hand wash dishes (not in the dishwasher);
- Mild enough to clean your painted or wood kitchen cabinets;
- Cleans the fridge inside and out, even removes odours.
Avon Bubble Bath in the Laundry Room:
- Use as a laundry detergent and you no longer need a fabric softener. 1 or 2 capfuls are all that’s needed to do a great job and to remove stains;
- Great for hand-washing delicate items;
- Pre-soak heavily soiled laundry, such as greasy work clothes. Easily does away with ring around the collar;
- Removes butter or grease from clothes. Pour bubble bath directly on the spot, leave a few minutes, then wash and the spot will be gone;
- Cheaper than Woolite –gentle on lingerie.
Avon Bubble Bath in the Living/Dining Room:
- Can be used to shampoo carpets, either the whole carpet or just spot cleaning;
- Upholstery stains are removed by rubbing with a damp cloth dipped in full strength bubble bath;
- Cleans chandeliers and light fixtures;
- Use to hand wash the good dinnerware, glassware and silverware.
Avon Bubble Bath Everywhere Else:
- Leaves windows shining;
- Washes venetian blinds – leaves no streaks behind;
- Polishes all chrome household fixtures;
- Cleans the TV screen, computer monitor, etc. Wipe with a damp cloth dipped in bubble bath and dry with a soft, lint free cloth;
- Can be used to wash no-wax floors – use 1 capful with ½ pail of warm water;
- Removes wax buildup – use straight from the bottle with a scrub sponge, wipe with a dry cloth;
- Does a superior job cleaning ceilings, walls and paneling;
- Wash your plant leaves to make them shine. Mix a small amount of the Avon bubble bath with some tepid water. When finished pour the leftover water onto soil as a fertilizer;
- Will clean your jewelry (even costume jewelry);
- Leaves a fresh, clean smell from room to room . There are a lot of different fragrances – might be fun to try different ones.
- Use to clean your eyeglasses;
- Mix some bubble bath with an equal amount of water to put it in your potpourri burner;
- Adds fun to the children’s wading pool while keeping the pool and children clean;
- Shake up, then use the bubbles only on a sponge to clean and freshen vehicle interiors;
- Add to cleaning water for cars, aluminum or vinyl siding, campers or trailers – repels dust;
- Leaves a protective wax-like coating on cars – water marks wash right off;
- Use in the garage to test tires or gas lines for leaks;
- To repel snails in the garden – mix equal parts water and bubble bath and spray on flowers. In the vegetable garden, spray only on the surrounding soil, not on any edible plants.
- Give your pet a bubble bath.
With all these creative ways to use Avon Bubble Bath, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you, the readers, have more suggestions for how to use this product. If you do, please comment and share.
August 23, 2015 – Add-0n: After reading this post readers have asked me to do a similar post about Avon Skin So Soft. I obliged. For anyone interested please click here: Avon Skin So Soft
Talk to you again next week,