March is when we start looking forward to Spring and saying goodbye to Winter. March is also a great time to take advantage of some pretty good buys.
The retail industry runs on sales cycles which are determined in large part by what’s happening at the time. This March, besides St. Patrick’s Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, there are a number of Awareness Days, all of which are used by retailers to increase sales. This is great news for the consumer. With smart shopping and taking advantage of the best deals, the consumer can save a bundle.
Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday, March 13/16, the perfect time to test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Both the batteries and detectors will be on sale this month for this very reason.
St. Patrick’s Day will promote the sale of:
- Corned Beef
Good Friday (March 25) and Easter (March 27). Look for the following sale products starting around the middle of the month.
- Meat -Ham and Turkey
- Dairy – Cream, Eggs and Butter
- Bakery – Dinner Rolls, Cup-Cakes
- Baking Supplies – Flour (white), Cake Mixes, Pie Crusts, Rice Krispies, Sugar (Granulated, Brown and Icing), Chocolate Chips, Nuts, Coconut, Canned Pie Filling, Canned Frosting, Marshmallows
- Baking Pans, Foil Wrap, Plastic Wrap
Once Easter is over, all the leftover Easter goodies will be on sale. That should keep the chocoholics busy and happy.
March Awareness Days and related Best-Buys and Savings:
National Frozen Food Month – Frozen foods are just as nutritious as fresh – often with less waste – so don’t be afraid to stock up:
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Chicken, Lamb and Fish
- Ice Cream, Ice Cream Novelties, Frozen Yogurt
Other March Food Sales:
- Produce: Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Celery, Chard, Cucumber, Lettuce, Kale, Mushrooms, Peppers, Potatoes, Spinach, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes
- Fruit: Avocado, Bananas, Lemons, Limes, Mangoes, Pineapple, Rhubarb, Strawberries, Tangerines
National Spring Cleaning Month. Everything needed to turn the house upside down for a really good Spring Clean will be offered for sale this month. However, before buying any Spring Cleaning products, Please read this first The labels do not always mean what they imply.
For closet clear-outs you may first want to read about online consignment shops You could earn some money while cleaning-up or replace your clean gently-used clothes with some different ones.
Other March Best-Buys:
- Sports Gear – both Winter clearance of ice skates, skis, hockey equipment, etc. and pre-season sales of Summer equipment – bikes, all kinds of balls, tennis/badminton
- Books – Gardening, BBQ, Patios and Decks
- Travel – Luggage and Vacation Clothes
- Winter Clearance – You’ll probably be able to find exceptional deals on winter equipment, shovels, snowblowers, etc.
- Pre-season sales on Air-Conditioners, Barbecues, Patio Furniture, Lawnmowers and Gardening Equipment
- Clothes – clearance of Winter Clothes and pre-season sales of Spring and Summer Clothes
- Outdoor Exercise Equipment, Athletic Wear, MP3 Players, iPhone and iPods, plus their accessories
- Digital Cameras, and Home Theaters.
With all these great deals being offered during March, there’s probably something on the list that is just what you’ve been looking for.
If you enjoyed this post – others will too. Please share.