I was thrilled to be nominated by Patricia Weber http://patricia-weber.com for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
If you accept this nomination, you need to follow the rules attached to the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking to his/her blog: http://patricia-weber.com/inspiring-blogger-award-kick-off-new-year/
- Display the award logo on your blog
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 people, link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
Seven things about myself:
1. Born in Holland in 1945. We emigrated to Canada in 1953 and settled in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada where there was already a large dutch community.
2. I was one of eleven children, five older and five younger than me, five brothers and five sisters. My oldest sibling, a sister, is ten years older and my youngest sibling, also a sister, is ten years younger. That put me right smack dab in the middle, every which way.
3. My husband and I have just celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary. Besides raising our boys we were also special needs foster parents for twenty years.
4. We live in a 105 year old farmhouse, situated on 10 beautiful acres in the middle of a conservation area.
5. I retired from my position as Executive-Director of a branch of St. John Ambulance, a charitable organization. During my time with St. John, I also assumed the position of Chair of the local Safe Communities Small Business Initiative, a community volunteer organization committed to helping small businesses improve their workplace health and safety programs.
6. I took a medicinal herb course in the early eighties. I now enjoy growing and using herbs just for fun, teas and other culinary purposes.
7. In the winter I hibernate and love nothing better than spending time at home in front of the fire, with a coffee, tea or glass of wine, enjoying a good book, listening to good music, or blogging.
The first five bloggers have been particularly helpful and supportive of me so even though they appeared on http://patricia-weber.com/inspiring-blogger-award-kick-off-new-year/ and were nominated by Patricia Weber, I would also like to nominate them.
In alphabetical order:
1. Catarina Alexon – http://catarinasworld.com Catarina is an International business woman, consultant and writer who blogs about business practices and trends. Catarina has pointed me in the right direction on different occasions for which I am grateful.
2. Jacqueline Gum – http://jacquelinegum.com/blog Jacquie’s use of humour when writing about social issues really gets the point across. Jacquie has been of great help and encouragement to me.
3. Jeanette Paladino – http://writespeaksell.com/ Jeanette blogs about how companies are using social media to enhance their brands and build relationships with customers and employees.
4.Patricia Weber – http://patricia-weber.com Patricia covers a range of topics, from business networking, entrepreneurship, to personal energy. She inspires introverts to live life to the fullest.
5. Susan Cooper – http://findingourwaynow.com Susan blogs about food, wine and life. I was fortunate enough to be a contributing author to her blog and through that she taught me a lot.
The next bloggers I would like to nominate are ones who have supported or encouraged me in many ways. There are also some who I’ve nominated simply because I enjoy their posts so much.
1. Andleeb Akhlag Tahir – http://publicawaz.blogspot.ca Andleeb’s blog is called The Voice of Sudnoti. Through it she gives readers a glimpse into the Muslim culture, religion and way of life.
2. Beth Niebuhr – http://www.encorewomen.com/blog/ Beth uses her blog to provide entrepreneurial advise based on her many years as a successful entrepreneur.
3. Christine Larsen – https://cdcraftee.wordpress.com/ Christine shares memories of a life lived mostly in the last century, much of it in rural Australia. She is the author of two ebooks for children – Small Folk Tales.
4. Debra Yearwood – http://commstorm.com/ In her blog Debra explores her experiences and observations from the senior management table, Parliament Hill and her time as a lobbyist working with organizations from a wide range of sectors.
5. Donna Janke – http://destinationsdetoursdreams.blogspot.ca/ A fellow Canadian, Donna blogs about travel, her snowbird experiences, writing, and life in general. She always shares an encouraging word.
6. Lorraine Reguly – http://wordingwell.com/ Lorraine is an English teacher turned writer, editor and blogger. Her posts contain excellent information about some aspect of blogging, freelancing, writing or editing.
7. Marquita Herald – http://www.emotionallyresilientliving.com/ Marquita writes about how to cultivate resilience and take advantage of the opportunities in adversity. Her life motto is: You CAN, you SHOULD, and if you’re BRAVE enough … you WILL!
8. Meredith Wouters – http://thepalettemuse.com/ Meredith writes DIY decorating and craft posts with a wicked sense of humour. It is her writing style that keeps readers going back for more.
9. Niekka McDonald – http://mommywithaplan.com Niekka blogs about health, fitness and living the best life possible. She is constantly learning more about those topics and shares what she learns with her readers.
10.Tim OCallahan – http://flattiresandslowboats.com Tim is an avid traveler, taking his time as he gets to discover new places. Fortunate for the reader of his blog, he writes about his travels with great detail, humour and gorgeous photography.
My life has been enriched by the support, fellowship and sharing of these bloggers.
I would like to thank Patricia Weber for the confidence placed in me by this nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
If you are nominated, please do accept! But if you cannot honour the requirements, then please know that by my listing you here makes you my most inspiring bloggers.